Composition Leuprolide / Leuprorelin (4mg/ml)
Primary Use Prostate cancer, Endometriosis, Uterine fibroids
cautionPotentially unsafe with Pregnancy
Medicine Overview of Eurolide Injection
Uses of Eurolide Injection
Eurolide 4mg Injection is used for prostate cancer, endometriosis, uterine fibroids and precocious puberty. It is also used to reduce the thickness of the endometrium of the uterus in preparation for surgery.
Eurolide Injection side effects
Side Effects of Eurolide are Decreased libido, Testicular atrophy, Increased sweating, Fatigue, Muscle weakness, Erectile dysfunction, Bone pain, Hot flashes, Injection site reaction.
How to use Eurolide Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Eurolide Injection works
Eurolide?4mg?Injection is a hormone similar to the one produced by a hypothalmus gland in the brain. It works by decreasing the levels of testosterone and estrogen.
In Depth Information on Eurolide Injection
Expert advice for Eurolide Injection
- Contact your doctor immediately, if you experience any allergic reactions.
- Avoid taking leuprorelin, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding; if you have undiagnosed abnormal vaginal bleeding.
- Do not take leuprorelin, if you have urinary obstruction, spinal cord compression, history of pituitary gland tumors or osteoporosis.
- Regularly monitor your blood sugar levels if you are diabetic and being treated with leuprorelin as, there may be an increase in blood sugar levels.
- The increase in testosterone that occurs during the first weeks of therapy can cause an increase in urinary symptoms or pain.
Eurolide Injection related warnings
Special precautions for Eurolide Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
Eurolide?4mg?Injection is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy. Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
No information is available on the use of Eurolide?4mg?Injection during lactation. Please consult your doctor.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well. Do not drive or operate machinery if you experience drowsiness, dizziness or visual disturbances whilst being treated with Eurolide?4mg?Injection.
There is limited information available on the use of Eurolide?4mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Eurolide?4mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
What if you miss a dose of Eurolide Injection?
If you miss a dose of Eurolide?4mg?Injection, please consult your doctor.